Monday 3 September 2012

Eumundi Markets

Hello!
This past Sunday was Father's Day but my family decided to celebrate a day earlier on Saturday by heading up to the Sunshine Coast and checking out the Eumundi Markets or "Ya-mun-day" as my cousin and I would pronounce it hehe :P  It took us about 1.5 hours to drive there from Brisbane so we left pretty early that morning, at least I got to nap in the car hehe. They are only opened between 7am and 2pm on Saturdays and 8am to 1:30pm on Wednesdays.

Gosh the markets were huge and there were so many people!! There were stalls for so many different things such as: clothes, jewellery, soaps, kitchenware, decorations etc.

One of the stores had some really beautifully painted bowls and plates from Turkey.  Mum bought one of those heat mat things you put under pots, what are they called again?

I loved the tea towels in this store haha! I want the lemon, or the dog towel. 
Maybe I'll get one the next time I'm up there.

Ok, for those that know me, I'm terrified of frogs, geckos and anything slimy, but for some reason these were really cute! I kind of want a colourful gecko with a big comical smile on it's face haha!

Of course I had to check out what type of food was there. They had heaps of fresh produces and a couple of different of cuisines from around the world. Off the top of my head there was German, Japanese, Spanish, Mexican and French.

We munched on some curly potato chips. These were actually more like fries and were kind of chewy which was pretty nice, apart from the fact that they were a bit oily.

Dad bought some German sausages and a potato pancake.

and...to add something Spanish, we got a plate of "A Little Bit of Everything". There was couscous, chicken, mushrooms, black beans, roast potatoes and potato salad. Wow we had a lot of potatoes that day! I guess we needed it for all the strawberry picking we did afterwards haha! Stay tuned for that post!

So, what are some other markets I should check out?

Happy Spring time everyone!!

Joanne :)

2 comments:

  1. Apparently there's a market on near the Powerhouse on Saturdays. I only found out through the people at the Farmers Markets (the Wednesday ones in the city) because I was asking about lamb's lettuce. I'm actually going to try and go there this weekend so I'll let you know if I go and if it's good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angel!! Otherwise we can go check it out maybe another weekend :) I also want to have a look around the West End Markets one of these days

      Delete