Tuesday 13 November 2012

Momofuku Seiobo at The Star

Hello!!
Angel had I decided to have a little food trip weekend in Sydney and one of the places we had to go to was Momofuku! Angel had already tried the one in New York and said it was amazing so I couldn't wait to give the one in Sydney a go. Lucky for us, you only need to book online 10 days before your intended date, some other restaurants were crazy where you had to book 6 months in advance! If you aren't able to make a reservation at Momofuku, there's always walk ins available where you can order from the bar menu.

 
Everything about this restaurant was really hip and trendy. I even liked the hidden door with the simple peach logo on it. The interior was simple and intimate but didn't feel crowded. The music was pretty funky too. The staff were all very friendly and informative about each dish, they even kept our water glasses topped up and wiped away any messes we made.

I won't go into detail about every single one of the tasting dishes otherwise I could be here forever, but here's a video I made of what those dishes were.

The whole tasting menu tied in together really well, we even noticed this yummy green sauce (couldn't really figure out what was in it) that appeared in a couple of the dishes so it felt like there was an overall theme. The menu may change according to what's in season and they also cater to people who have any particular dietary requirements.

I loved my whole experience at Momofuku and would highly recommend it to anyone. Price wise I would say it's similar to most degustation/tasting menus, we paid $100 for our delicious lunch, so for me that's pretty reasonable for such a well known restaurant.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did and let me know which was your favourite dish!

Happy Eating!
Joanne :)
Momofuku  Seiƍbo on Urbanspoon

PS. We left our complimentary kimchi in the hotel :(...for those that have tried it, was it good?? Actually don't tell me...I might cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment