Tuesday 17 July 2012

San Churro Brisbane

Hello!

I had no idea there was going to be a San Churro opening in Southbank until I saw one of my friends post a picture of it on their Instagram. I was so super excited!! I love churros and I've never tried San Churro in other states before. So another friend and I made a date to try it out ASAP! We had no idea where it was but it's not hard to find, it's right next to the Southbank Cinemas.

As we were going on a Saturday, we thought it'd be really packed, there was a bit of a line but it moved pretty quickly. What I liked about San Churro compared to Max Brenner is that it's all table service which is great. No having to stand in line for ages just to order and then pray that you find a table before your order comes.

We ordered the Churros for Two and a Spanish Hot Chocolate each, I had the Mint Magnifico and my friend had the Avellana, the hazelnut one.

 
The Churros for Two came out first, you get about six churros with two pots of either milk, dark or white chocolate or caramel, we chose milk and dark. We also had them sprinkled with cinnamon sugar but you also get the choice of icing sugar. I found the churros a bit too crunchy for my liking and as they got colder, they became even harder. I always thought churros were suppose to be more donutty in texture? Aren't they the Spanish version of donuts? But it was still pretty tasty and I liked them with the dark chocolate.

My mint Spanish hot chocolate was yum! Very thick and creamy and so filling! Perfect on a cold night. I'd love to try out all their other flavours as well, such as the orange one.

I love this quote on their napkins!

Overall I enjoyed experience at San Churro, unfortunately I was slightly disappointed by the churros but that won't stop me from going back in the future!

Hope you enjoy it just as much, if not more!
Joanne :)

Chocolateria San Churro on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yenface, this review has resulted in me calling up my girlies and making a chocolate date at San Churros tonight…there goes the diet! I have been to Max Brenner heaps but this will be a first. I was wondering if I could maybe get some help? I’m working on a dating app atm, and a part of the app will have bloggers recommending 5-10 places in their city to check out for a first date, I was wondering if you might recommend maybe a few places you love? I will put links up to your blog on the app and so far we have 2,000 signed up to download the app you can pop on here – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG93enNmdHRPOTVuUWVqOFJMUElibnc6MQ or email me on lauren@heylets.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lauren,
      Hope you have a good time at San Churro, but I think I still like Max Brenner a bit more. I will have a think of a few restaurants and let you know what I come up with.
      Joanne

      Delete